« Liberal Blogs »

9/17/2004

Interesting Information on Polling

As with all polling, I don't know how much of this is actually true, but at Electoral Vote Predictor 2004. They have Kerry leading the nationwide race among likely voters by 48% to 45% without Nader and 46% to 45% with Nader. However, they have Bush winning in the Electoral College yet again 307 - 211. The really interesting thing that they mention here that pollsters only call land lines and many young voters no longer have land lines, only cell phones. As a result the polls may be badly under-representing young voters who tend to vote Democratic. As the site points out, with no polling being done on cell phones or of overseas voters, there may still be some surprises left on election day.

2 Comments:

At 9/17/2004 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Susan H. said...

I was polled on my cell phone this week. They asked if I was voting for Thune or Daschle, if I was likely to change my mind, and whether I was a veteran.

 
At 9/18/2004 10:49:00 AM, Blogger Trent Dlugosh said...

Yeah, I'm always wonder a bit about any information regarding polls. I just seems nobody really has a handle on how it is done or who is really being polled. I only know I've never been polled. Thanks for the info

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google