« Liberal Blogs »

10/12/2004

How The Other Half Lives

I decided tonight to see how the other half lives and I attended (for a short time anyway) the John Thune/Laura Ingraham lovefest before the debate. It was pretty much as you would expect. Ingraham called the "mainstream media" a bunch of names. She called John Kerry "stupid and ignorant" (can't wait to see if that makes the Argus or TV tonight), she reminded us that "American Liberals don't understand that there a millions of people in the world who don't like us", she stated that "America is the only nation left on Earth that is willing to pay the price in treasure (and by that I mean taxes) and blood to make the world free", I guess I missed the memo from the Bush Administration that says they are actually going to pay for this war. Anyway, the highlight of the night for me came as I was leaving the rally and the woman at the door asked me if was willing to take a John Thune yard sign. I said "no thanks, I think it might clash with the Daschle sign I already have in my yard." Her mouth fell open and she couldn't speak a word. I smiled and left.

1 Comments:

At 10/15/2004 07:32:00 AM, Blogger anna said...

Wow. I'm glad other people can do things like that; I'm not sure I would have been able to stand for it for too long.

I think liberals do understand that there are a lot of people in the world that don't like us, and know that Bush is the reason for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google