« Liberal Blogs »

10/28/2004

I...For One...Am Shocked!

"The United States publicly condemns the abuse of prisoners even while engaging in it behind closed doors" according to Amnesty International. "In the war on terror, the U.S.A. has not practiced what it has preached on the treatment of prisoners," said Rob Freer, lead author of the 200-page report tracing U.S. abuses in Afghanistan, at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba and at the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq.

I'm sure the Bush Administration has a perfectly good excuse for this sad record. Maybe the Russians did it. It could have been Bill Clinton's fault. It should be obvious by now that the blame for this can be placed at the feet of Tom Daschle. Maybe the UN is trying to sabotage Bush. I bet the French and the Germans made us do it. I bet Dan Rather made it all up. Perhaps the New York Times is behind the whole thing. Ya know, I still don't trust that Valerie Plame. Come to think of it, it has to be Michael Moore behind this pack of lies. Has anyone seen Soros lately? I bet this could all have been avoided if it weren't for those pesky gay people wanting to get married all the time (note to self...must remember to amend the constitution). We all know John Kerry has his hands in this somehow. That Richard Clarke was always too smart for his own damn good, I wouldn't be surprised if it was all his fault. One thing I know for sure...it couldn't possibly be Bush's or Cheney's or Rumsfeld's fault, they never do anything bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google