« Liberal Blogs »

1/14/2005

Well, I Have One Taker

In a previous post I said this, "Jeffrey Dubner, from the online site of the American Prospect, suggests commentators take an oath:'I swear that I have never taken money -- whether directly or indirectly -- from any political campaign or government agency -- whether federal, state, or local -- in exchange for any service performed in my job as a journalist (or commentator, or blogger, or whatever you think I should be called).'"I am willing to take that oath. I challenge all other South Dakota bloggers to do the same, left and right both. I can't wait to see the right wing SD blogs saying I'm attacking them on this when I just said I'm challenging ALL bloggers to take the oath."

In response, HRYK at I Make Sense said this, "Sure I'll take the oath, I don't think it is necessary, but I'll take it. Blogs are journals of opinion, not news sources. Does Mr. Dubner or Mr. Dlugosh expect me to take the Hypocratic Oath that a doctor would if I intend to pull out a tooth, or apply a band-aid? I know what the SD left blogs are trying to do, and they're doing a decent job at making people believe that these blogs purported to be news sources so they should be judged the same way as news sources. The fact is they didn't and they shouldn't. Regardless of who was paying their bills."

I appreciate that HRYK. You totally miss the point, but thanks anyway. I don't think any of us evil-doers on SD left blogs thinks that the blogs in question where news sources. We are all capable of understanding that they where right-wing, Thune-loving, Daschle-hating blogs. What we did think (and believe had every right to expect) is that they where coming up with their views all on their own, and not having it fed to them directly by the Thune campaign. As I've said before, say what you want to say, get paid if you can, that's great, just tell us that these are not really your views, but instead what Thune told you say. Then we know exactly where you are coming from.


2 Comments:

At 1/15/2005 05:59:00 PM, Blogger HRYK said...

Hey Trent, I just wanted to let you know that whenever I'm reading your blog on bloglines.com your feed gets real messed up. Every time that you start a new paragraph the font goes up a header setting so if you have 5 or 6 paragraphs in a post I can't even end up reading your posts. You might want to go to feedburner.com and use their service. I enjoy reading you (and all the wacko SD lefties :) so if you should check it out.

 
At 1/17/2005 06:54:00 AM, Blogger Trent Dlugosh said...

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google