« Liberal Blogs »

2/28/2005

Zarqawi to Attack US?

From Voice of America.com

"U.S. counter-terrorism officials say al-Qaida terrorist leader Osama bin Laden recently communicated with his counterpart in Iraq - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi - urging him to get involved in attacks in the United States.

The officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, did not say how the two terrorist masterminds communicated or how U.S. intelligence became aware of it.

Al-Zarqawi has claimed responsibility for many attacks in Iraq and the abduction and beheading of several Westerners there."

Hopefully Zarqawi never makes his presence felt here in America, but if he does, just remember this from
NBC news back in March of 2004,

"But NBC News has learned that long before the war the Bush administration had several chances to wipe out his terrorist operation and perhaps kill Zarqawi himself, but never pulled the trigger."

The report goes on,

"The Pentagon quickly drafted plans to attack the camp with cruise missiles and airstrikes and sent it to the White House, where, according to U.S. government sources, the plan was debated to death in the National Security Council.

'Here we had targets, we had opportunities, we had a country willing to support casualties, or risk casualties after 9/11 and we still didn't do it,' said Michael O'Hanlon, military analyst with the Brookings Institution."

The real point to keep in mind here is that the man who preaches the doctrine of preemption in regards to attacking terrorists passed on killing Zarqawi over a year ago because, "the administration feared destroying the terrorist camp in Iraq could undercut its case for war against Saddam."

It's a good thing Kerry didn't get elected or the terrorists would be on their way to American soil again...oh...wait...forget it.

14 Comments:

At 10/02/2005 11:28:00 AM, Blogger 7472 said...

Alot of interesting comments on this blog, I was searching for some doctor related info and some how cam across this site. I found it pretty cool, so I bookmarked. I'll really liked the second post on the front page, that got my attention.

My site is in a bit different area, but just as useful. I have a mens male enhancement reviews related site focusing on mens male enhancement reviews and mens health related topics.

 
At 10/07/2005 09:20:00 AM, Blogger heropoo said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a online auto loan site/blog. It pretty much covers online auto loan related stuff.

 
At 10/07/2005 03:53:00 PM, Blogger hexadecimals resources said...

I found a good auto loan refinance site. I am looking into it myself.

 
At 10/08/2005 11:34:00 PM, Blogger Quit Smoking said...

Hello fellow fisherman,

Did you know that 16% of the U.S. population goes fishing at least 16 days a year?

Did you also know that over 75% of the nations fishermen do not fish during "prime time"; fish feeding hours?

Those precious few moments before twilight can be absolutely magical. Even up until 11pm at night, the largest predators of any species feed ravenously.

Don't believe me? Check out Daniel Eggertsen's story, and a picture of a couple of his catches here : "Evening Secrets plus more"

I want you to do me a favor and try it out so I can see what you think of it, and if it works for you as well as it did for me.

You will be one of the first to try it out.

Gone Fishin',

Neil

 
At 10/09/2005 08:39:00 AM, Blogger Tom Naka said...

Keep it up. I enjoy your nice blog. check out my cat dog health intestinal parasite
site. It pretty much covers cat dog health intestinal parasite
related stuff.

 
At 10/10/2005 09:02:00 PM, Blogger FXGUY said...

Wow what a great blog. You've piqued my interest.. The forex market is also one of my interests along with forex guide. Thanks for the info.

 
At 10/11/2005 03:56:00 AM, Blogger gastips said...

Nice Blog! Its great how useful the internet can be with its wealth of information. I will try and visit you blog on a regular basis to help you out.

If you want any Gas Saving Tips feel free to visit toronto gas prices

See ya soon.. :)

 
At 10/12/2005 03:06:00 AM, Blogger doer said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I also have a better sex life related website, hope that it is useful to you

 
At 10/16/2005 05:05:00 AM, Blogger Bloggy said...

I really liked your page and it is related to gold plated watch, until next time!

 
At 10/20/2005 03:54:00 PM, Blogger Kazzrie said...

Calling ALL Affiliates!!
Now here is the deal of the month. Hurry ....only 24 places left for the Affiliate Bootbamp at FX Networking

 
At 10/23/2005 12:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome - Save $50 on a playstation 2...Whoopee!!

Misspelledauctions.com

This is a great site people!

 
At 10/25/2005 08:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I would like to let your readers know about a site that can give them a FREE Instant Auto Loan Quote. Just Enter Your Zip Code!
You can check it out at:
FREE AUTO LOAN QUOTES

 
At 10/27/2005 12:04:00 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a creating list mailing site/blog. It pretty much covers creating list mailing related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 10/27/2005 07:49:00 AM, Blogger Water & Fire said...

I love, will you marry me? If the answer is NO, then visit this site: Avalon Pendleton Heating With Wood Idaho
. If I can't have you, at least enjoy my favorite past time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google